The Children's Trust
How to Get Involved
Membership is by invitation only and is open to individuals and couples who are interested in and want to support Children’s Medical Center. For more information about The Children’s Trust, send an email to email@example.com or call 214-456-8360. Special thank you to Park Place Dealerships, the official sponsor of the 2013 Children's Trust membership drive.
Who We Are
The Children’s Trust was established in 2002 and plays a valuable role in helping Children’s Medical Center fulfill its mission to make life better for children. Members consist of couples and individuals passionate about pediatric healthcare and dedicated to providing leadership through service and philanthropic support to the hospital. Since its inception, The Trust has grown to include nearly 500 members annually and has given more than $1,000,000 to Children’s. These monies have been used to purchase specific items identified as critical needs by Children’s.
What We Do
Members of The Trust are invited to attend exclusive educational and social events. The Trust’s signature event, “The Big Give,” offers members the opportunity to choose how they would like their annual philanthropic dollars utilized, as a well as a chance to mingle with other members. Educational forums focused on current pediatric healthcare trends and relevant issues allow members to meet medical experts from Children’s and experience an insider’s view of the hospital. The Trust hosts a popular spring Dine Around event, and members and their families are invited to the Children’s Medical Center Holiday Parade and private brunch. There are additional opportunities during the year to both volunteer and to provide leadership through child advocacy and fund-raising activities.
The Children’s Trust was founded in the fall of 2002 by two dedicated couples, Sheila and Dave Beuerlein and Betty and Brian Schultz. Both couples had a history of supporting Children’s mission and wanted to encourage their friends, colleagues and community members, who had a strong interest in children’s healthcare, to become involved with the hospital through philanthropic, educational and social activities. With an understanding of the importance of consistent and sustained giving, The Trust designates a minimum of half of all annual membership dues to support specific items identified as critical needs by the hospital. To date, The Trust has gifted more than $832,000 to Children’s to support the following:
- New ultrasound technology that will increase safety and reduce infection rate for young heart patients
- The injury prevention program and car seat initiative at Children’s
- The construction and equipping of one room in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- A neonatal isolette for the hospital’s transport department and specialized medical equipment used for pediatric patient transport
- The pediatric asthma management program
- A mobile electrophysiology machine
- A comprehensive research program on pediatric all-terrain vehicle injuries
- A Smart Cycler – used to identify infectious diseases in a shorter time frame, thus allowing treatment to begin quicker
- Funding for the renovation of the Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders through a challenge grant from the J.E. and L.E. Mabee Foundation
- Renovation and Expansion of the At-Risk Children (ARCH) Center
- Training for patients using home dialysis
- Programmatic support in the Center for Pediatric Eating Disorders
- Research for the Gastroenterology Clinic
- A Mobile C-Arm and fluoroscopy table