Family Resource Libraries
Looking for reliable information about your child's illness and treatment? Patients and families can get help finding health information, use a computer, or relax with a good book at one of our four libraries.
- Library locations
- Computers and Internet access
- Books, magazines, and health brochures
- Personal assistance from librarians
- Fun family activities
Krissi Holman Family Resource Library
Children's Collection (C7310)
7th Floor, across from the C2 elevators
Pavilion Family Resource Library (F1504)
Lobby level, Pavilion, next to the Gift Shop
Karahan Family Resource Center (L1275)
Lobby level, Legacy Hospital, opposite coffee shop
Southlake Specialty Care Center
Southlake Family Resource Center
Around the corner from the Guest Relations check-in desk
Each of the libraries has desktop computers with Internet access and Microsoft tools. Many health sites are bookmarked to help families get started. We offer laptops with wireless Internet connections. We can also help if you need documents copied, printed, faxed or scanned.
Patients and families can choose from more than 8,000 books to borrow. Our collection covers topics such as consumer health, parenting and family issues. Books for children are available for every age and reading level. Our magazine collection covers general interest, health and children's titles. Some titles are available in Spanish. Search our catalog.
Brochures and pamphlets
Free booklets are available on many subjects. Some are available in Spanish. Topics include:
- Types of illnesses
- Treatment choices
- Community resources
- Wellness information
Library staff and volunteers are available to help families:
- Search databases
- Use the Internet
- Find books and magazines
- Connect with resources within the hospital and the community
Contact staff in person, by phone or email email@example.com.
Most of the books in our children's and adult leisure collections come from donations. If you are interested in donating books or magazines, please follow these guidelines:
- Books and magazines must be brand new or very gently used to ensure the safety of our patients and families.
- Contact one of our libraries to setup a time and day of delivery.
- Please be ready to provide us with the approximate number of items to be donated.
The Consumer Health & Medical Library Internship provides students a diverse learning environment to gain skills in health information services. Applicants must be enrolled in an MLS program accredited by the American Library Association. For more information about this internship, please download the internship overview.
We invite patients and family members to attend Story Time. Story times/locations include:
- Pavilion Family Resource Library, Monday – Friday at 10.30 a.m.
Contact any of the resource libraries for more information.
Teen Center at the Pavilion Resource Library
The Teen Center is temporarily closed.
Health and social materials especially for adolescents ages 12-19 years.
- Resources include magazines, leisure and consumer health books and brochures, and a board for teen art, poetry, and other brag-worthy achievements.
- Contact the Pavilion Resource Library at 214-456-4787.