ACE: Why Children's Medical Center?
National leader in diagnosis, treatment and research of pediatric cancer
- The ACE Program at Children's is the oldest and largest comprehensive cancer survivor program in Texas.
- The ACE database includes more than 1,500 cancer survivors from ages 3 to 57 years.
- The expertise of Children's ACE team members has been requested locally, nationally and internationally by others attempting to model our program and services.
- The ACE Program enables seamless transition of pediatric cancer survivors to adult services via the ACE Young Adult Program at UT Southwestern.
- The Children's ACE Program is the only one in North Texas participating in the NCI-funded Childhood Cancer Survivor Study.
- The program offers ACE Navigator, a unique computerized educational tool for adolescents, young adults and families.
- ACE team members conduct and participate in research studies about the unique problems and needs of cancer survivors.