Asthma Management Program: Recognitions
Children's Asthma Management Program was awarded disease-specific certification by The Joint Commission. The Joint Commission is the nation's predominant standard-setting accrediting and certifying regulatory body in healthcare.
- The Children’s Asthma Management Program was the first in Texas to receive certification by The Joint Commission for disease-specific care for pediatric asthma initiatives.
- In 2011, Children's Asthma Management Program recieved its fifth consecutive certification from the Joint Commission.
- The Joint Commission Disease-Specific Care certification evaluates the disease management and chronic care services provided by a facility. The voluntary evaluation and certification are based on:
- Compliance with consensus-based national standards.
- Effective use of established clinical practice guidelines to manage and optimize care.
- Performance measurement activities.
Children's Pulmonology specialty named one of the top
Children's Pulmonology specialty was listed in the annual U.S. News & World Report rankings of pediatric specialties.