Dentistry: Referral Directory
Dental Staff ContactsAlton G. McWhorter, D.D.S. - Division Director of the Dental service
Stacy Pettit, RDH, MS - Practice Administrator
Description of services:
Comprehensive dental care for medically compromised children. Through affiliations with Baylor College of Dentistry, routine preventive and restorative services are offered in addition to specialty care in the areas of periodontics and endodontics. Referrals can be made within the hospital for children requiring orthodontic or oral surgery.
The program is housed in a modern facility that has been designed to appeal to the wide age range of patients. The bright, open treatment areas help children and parents feel comfortable in the dental environment.
Procedures performed or problems diagnosed and treated:
- Routine preventive and restorative procedures
- Pulp therapy
- Specialty consultations and treatment in the areas of periodontics and endodontics
In addition, the center provides conscious sedation. Treatment under deep sedation or general anesthesia can be scheduled for the hospital. Referrals for evaluation of oral lesions also are accepted.
Information for referral sources:
Physician referral is welcome, but not required if the child is:
- Medically compromised
- Foster child
- Globally delayed
- Child of a Children's Medical Center employee
Services are provided in close cooperation with the patient's referring physician.
Please provide the following when calling to schedule a patient for a diagnostic examination:
- Patient name and date of birth
- Probable diagnosis
- Insurance information
Why Children's Medical Center?
- The Center for Pediatric Dentistry at Children's is the only area hospital dental service that focuses on the treatment of medically compromised children.
- We maintain close contact with subspecialty physicians to coordinate patient care.
- The dentists on the dental staff are specially trained to manage complex cases.