Diabetes: Referral Directory
- Soumya Adhikari , M.D.
- Kamal N. Bharucha , M.D., Ph.D.
- Bryan A. Dickson , M.D.
- Ellen C. Grishman , M.D
- Melissa Ham , M.D.
- Michele R. Hutchison , M.D., Ph.D.
- Roy J. Kim , M.D., M.P.H.
- Sudha L. Mootha , M.D.
- Jon D. Oden , M.D.
- Ryan Stewart , M.D.
- Kathryn M. Sumpter , M.D.
- Grace M. Tannin , M.D.
- Perrin C. White , M.D.
Kelli E. Johnston , MBA, RD, LD
Description of services:
Comprehensive evaluation and treatment for infants, children and adolescents in all areas of childhood diabetes and disorders of glucose metabolism.
Ongoing diabetes education is structured to meet the special needs of the patient and family, including telephone blood glucose evaluation, comprehensive initial and refresher education, counseling services and monitoring of nutritional needs.
Why Children's Medical Center?
- The Children’s Endocrinology Center offers a multidisciplinary team approach to management of children with diabetes, with full-time nurse educators, a nutritionist and social worker available to patients.
- With almost 2,000 children in our practice, we are the largest center for pediatric diabetes in Texas and the only such center in the Dallas metropolitan area.
- Outcomes regarding complication rates and levels of control compare favorably with other large nationally known centers.
- The only pediatric diabetes program in Texas to receive disease-specific certification by The Joint Commission.
Information for referral sources:
- A written referral from physician or referral source is required.
- To avoid unnecessary testing, have the family bring relevant medical records, test results and X-rays to the appointment.
- Services are provided in close cooperation with the patient’s referring physician.
- Diagnosis, evaluation and recommended treatment information is provided promptly to the referring physician.
Please provide the following when calling to schedule a patient for a diagnostic evaluation:
- Patient name and date of birth
- Probable diagnosis
- Insurance/referral information
- Physician clinical findings or symptoms which caused the patient to visit physician
- Parent’s (guarantor) name, address, home and work telephone numbers