Dialysis: Referral Directory
- Joseph Mariamma, RN, CNN - Peritoneal Dialysis Team Leader
- Stephen Pottoore, RN, BSN, MBA, CNN, CCNT,FACHE - Administrative Director
- Haridas Thankappan, RN, BSN, CNN - Clinical Manager
- Anu Varghese, RN, BSN, CNN - Hemodialysis Team Leader
Description of services:
Associated primary, secondary and tertiary problems are managed with a team of professionals from services such as:
- Clinical nutrition
- Social work
- Nursing medicine
- Pastoral care
- Child life
- Financial counseling
Other services are contacted and included dependent upon individual child illness/status.
Procedures performed or problems diagnosed and treated:
- In-center hemodialysis
- Home peritoneal dialysis - CAPD and CCPD
- Continuous venovenous hemofiltration
Information for referral sources:
- A written referral from physician or referral source is required. Please call 214-456-2980 to refer a patient.
- Pre-authorization is required by some insurance plans.
- Patient instructions for specific tests will be provided when the appointment is scheduled.
- To avoid unnecessary testing, have the family bring relevant medical records, lab and EKG results to the appointment.
- Services are provided in close cooperation with the patient's referring physician.
- Diagnosis, evaluation and recommended treatment information is provided promptly to the referring physician.
Please provide the following when calling to schedule a patient for a diagnostic examination:
- Patient name and date of birth
- Reason for referral
- Insurance/referral information
Hemodialysis treatments are provided Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Home peritoneal dialysis nursing support is available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
24-hour on-call support is provided for emergent situations and patient support.
Why Children's Medical Center?
- Our employees and the medical staff provide an integrated and comprehensive approach to the care of children with kidney problems.
- The physicians on our medical staff will notify you about your patient's condition and therapy.
- A nephrologist is always on call to discuss a patient with you.
- The nephrology program addresses kidney-related conditions across a continuum of care, from pre-end stage disease to dialysis, transplant and post-transplant follow-up care.