Eating Disorder Services: Physician Contacts
Division DirectorGraham J. Emslie, M.D.
Medical DirectorAndrew Diederich, M.D.
Stephanie C. Setliff, M.D.
Senior DirectorDorothy C. Foglia, Ph.D., RN, NEA-BC
Director of PsychiatryShari Scott, PhD, LMFT, LPC, RN
Director of Psychological ServicesSunita Stewart, Ph.D
PsychologistsDana B. Labat, Ph.D.
Kathryn Sternweis-Yang, Ph.D.
Psychology TraineesJodi Mahoney, Pre-Doctoral Intern
Lucy Smith, Ph.D. - Post-Doctoral Fellow
Clinical ManagerRamona Weatherford, LCSW
Nursing StaffSofia Alatorre, RN
Crystal Aldrige, RN
Bibian Chike-Egboh, RN
Chad Gautreaux, RN
Sherrie Goldacker, RN
Mary Hawes, BSN, RN - Team Leader
Russell Johnson, RN
Gaynell Smith, RN
Milieu Therapy StaffShauna Anderson
Clinical TherapistsMichele Horn, MA, LMFT
Delisa Jones, MS, LPC
Kristia Ketcham, M.Ed., LPC
Rachel Koppa, MA, LPC
DieticianKathryn Johnson, RD, LD
Support StaffJa'Quia Franklin
Ruthina Smith, Administrative Assistant
Annie Thankachan, Care Coordinator
Business Services ManagerVeronica Garcia, MBA
Ann O'Hara, MA, MEd, LPC
TeachersLee Jackson, DISD Teacher
Renee Taylor, MS, MEd
Description of services:
- Five-level continuum of care
- Partial hospitalization
- Day treatment
- Intensive outpatient
- Multidisciplinary assessment
- Individualized plan of care within a structured therapeutic environment
- Medication management
- Nutritional counseling
- Therapeutic school
- Structured environment with behavioral program
- Psychotherapy: individual, family, and group
- Purpose and meaning group
- Art therapy
- Recreation therapy
- Music therapy
Procedures performed or problems diagnosed and treated:
- Anorexia nervosa
- Bulimia nervosa
Information for referral sources:
- A referral from physician (faxed, mailed or phoned/addressed to intake coordinator) with recent physical exam is required. Please contact Elizabeth James at 214-456-8899 with referral.
- Pre-authorization is required by most insurance plans.
- To avoid unnecessary testing, have the family bring relevant medical records, lab and EKG results to the appointment.
- Services are provided in close cooperation with the patient’s referring physician.
- Diagnosis, evaluation and recommended treatment information is provided promptly to the referring physician.
Please provide the following when calling to schedule a patient for an evaluation:
- Patient name and date of birth
- Probable diagnosis
- Insurance/referral information
- Physician clinical findings or symptoms which caused the patient to visit physician
Why Children's Medical Center?
- The Center for Pediatric Eating Disorders program is the only one in the multi-state area for children and adolescents under the age of 18.
- The Center combines a multidisciplinary team approach with individualized patient care within a structured therapeutic environment.
- Specialized treatment tracks are available for male patients.
- Educational programs allow children to continue school which assists with a successful return to previous academic settings.