Nephrology: Referral Directory
- Michel G. Baum, M.D. - Renal transplant, dialysis, renal tubular disorders, hypertension, acute and chronic renal failure, general pediatric nephrology.
- Amy M. Becker, M.D.
- Jyothsna Gattineni, M.D.
- Fangming Lin, M.D. - Nephrologist
- Raymond P. Quigley, M.D. - Renal transplant, dialysis, renal tubular disorders, hypertension, chronic and acute renal failure, general pediatric nephrology.
- Mouin G. Seikaly, M.D. - Renal transplant, dialysis, renal tubular disorders, hypertension, chronic and acute renal failure, general pediatric nephrology, eneuresis, dysfunctional voiding, bone densitometry, rickets, glofil t
- Katherine Twombley, M.D.
Meet the Team
- Stephen Pottoore, RN, BSN, MBA, CNN, CCNT,FACHE - Administrative Director
- Haridas Thankappan - Clinical Manager
- Jacob Thomas, CBNT - Renal Technical Manager
- Tranh Tran, FACHE - Business Manager
Description of services:
Medical support and treatment for children with problems related to the kidneys, including:
- Renal failure
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Acid-base and electrolyte disorders
- Glomerular disorders
- Urinary tract infections
Associated primary, secondary and tertiary problems are managed with a team of professionals from services such as clinical nutrition, social work, nursing, medicine, surgery, pastoral care, child life, psychology and financial counseling.
Other services are contacted and included dependent upon individual child illness/status.
Procedures performed or problems diagnosed and treated:
- Glofil testing for measurement of glomeular filtration rate
- 24-hour blood pressure monitoring
- Bone densitometry
- Evaluation for renal replacement therapy including transplantation
- Kidney stone risk profile
Information for referral sources:
- Services are provided in close cooperation with the patient's referring physician.
- Diagnosis, evaluation and recommended treatment information is provided promptly to the referring physician.
- Pre-authorization is required by some insurance plans.
- Patient instructions for specific tests will be provided when the appointment is scheduled.
- To avoid unnecessary testing, have the family bring relevant medical records, test results and X-rays to the appointment.
Please provide the following when calling to schedule a patient for a diagnostic examination:
- Patient name and date of birth
- Reason for referral
- Insurance/referral information
- Physician clinical findings or symptoms which caused the patient to visit physician
Why Children's Medical Center?
- Our employees and the physicians on the medical staff provide an integrated and comprehensive approach to the care of children with kidney problems.
- The physicians on our medical staff will notify you about your patient's condition and therapy.
- A nephrologist is always on call to discuss a patient with you.