Neurology: Referral Directory
Susan T. Arnold, M.D.
Dr. Mazen Alkahwaji Almidani, M.D.
Dr. Diana Castro, M.D.
Michael Morgan Dowling, M.D., Ph.D.
Patricia A. Evans, M.D.
Donna Graves, M.D.
Benjamin M. Greenberg, M.D.
Susan T. Iannaccone, M.D.
Muna Q. Khan, M.D.
Saadat A. Khan, M.D.
Juan Pascual, M.D., Ph.D.
Rana R. Said, M.D.
Deepa Sirsi, M.D.
Mary Ann Morris, Ph.D.
Advance Practice Providers (APPs)
Kelly Butler, PA
Juanita Dale, PNP
Heather Gilbreath, PA
Melanie Gleich, FNP
Lynn Hildebrandt, PNP
Diana Mendoza, PA
Sue Polachek, PNP
Practice AdministratorBen Salinas
Epilepsy Program ManagerLiz Burch
Description of services:
The Neurology Service at Children’s Medical Center cares for children with conditions across the neurological and developmental spectrum, with particular emphasis on muscular, physiologic and behavioral disorders.
Many of our clinics focus on a multidisciplinary approach, including but not limited to physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, dietitian and psychological support.
The pediatric neurology physicians on the medical staff diagnose and treat children with a wide variety of neurological problems, including:
- Alteration of Consciousness
- Cerebrovascular disease
- Developmental Delay < 5 years
- Developmental Delay/Intellectual Disability > 5 years
- Fragile X
- Genetic and metabolic disorders
- Neonatal neurological disorders
- Neuromuscular disease
- Movement disorders
- Paroxysmal Involuntary Movements
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Video EEG
- Evoked potentials
- Intraoperative monitoring
- Transcranial doppler (TCD)
- Skin biopsy
- Lumbar Punctures
Please provide the following when calling to schedule a patient for a diagnostic consultation:
- Patient name and date of birth.
- Comprehensive demographics.
- Probable diagnosis or symptoms.
- Insurance/referral information.
- Referring physician's clinical findings or symptoms which prompted the request for consultation.
- Primary care physician name and number.
Information for referral sources:
- Referral from a primary care physician or specialist is required.
- Pre-authorization is required by some insurance plans.
- Patient instructions for specific testing will be provided when the appointment is scheduled.
- To avoid unnecessary testing, the family should bring relevant medical records, test results and MRIs to the appointment.
- Services are provided in close cooperation with the patient's referring physician.
- Diagnosis, evaluation and recommended treatment information is provided promptly to the referring physician.
Why Children's Medical Center?
- Our specialty clinics provide a collaborative, multi-disciplinary approach to care for patients from birth to adolescents.
- A neurologist is always on call to discuss a patient with you.
- We have a six-bed EMU and a comprehensive epilepsy center.
- An acute stroke team is available for rapid evaluation of children presenting with stroke symptoms.
- A continuum of care will be facilitated as the child grows to adulthood through the UT Southwestern program or any other facilities of patient's choice.