Orthopedics: Referral Directory
- Lawson A. Copley, M.D.
- Henry Ellis, M.D.
- Maureen A. Finnegan, M.D.
- Christine A. Ho, M.D.
- David A. Podeszwa, M.D.
- Brandon Ramo, M.D.
- Karl E. Rathjen, M.D.
- Anthony Riccio, M.D.
- Philip L. Wilson, M.D.
- Lane Wimberly, M.D.
Advanced Practice Providers:
- Shellye Crawford, RN, MS, CPNP
- Linda Grande, DNP, RN, CPNP
- Diana Halback, RN, MSN, CPNP
- Amy Holland, RN, MSN, CPNP
- David Kines, RN, MSN, FNPC
- Gerad Montgomery, RN, MSN, FNPC
- Jennifer Nance DNP, MSN, CPNP, RN
- Bryan Reynolds, PA-C
- Lori Thornton, RN, MS, FNPC
- Charles Wyatt, RN, MSN, CPNP
- Nicholas Strittmatter, RN, MSN, FNPC
- Brandi Pitcox, RN, MSN, PNP
- Nathan Nolte, RN, MSN, PNP
- Karen Heckman, PA-C
- Shelton Jones, PA-C
Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants
There are currently 15 full-time midlevel providers (nurse practitioners/physician's assistants) who help support the volume of a demanding service including such duties as inpatient rounding and management of care. Their clinical responsibilities include independent inpatient and outpatient surgical/trauma care and assisting in the operating room. They also act as on-call emergency providers for day and night coverage including: fracture reductions, lacerations, infections, surgical decisions and seeing patients in the Orthopedic clinic.
These providers' expertise is heavily relied upon by the orthopedic staff surgeons in order to provide the best level of care for children.
Description of services:
Diagnosis and treatment of all pediatric musculoskeletal disorders and injuries including:
- Evaluation and management of sports injuries
- Acute and reconstructive trauma care
- Evaluation and management of osteoarticular infection
- Allied with physical and occupational therapists for inpatient and outpatient care
Information for referral sources:
Services are provided in close cooperation with the patient's referring physician. Diagnosis, evaluation and recommended treatment information is provided promptly to the referring physician. Pre-authorization is required by some insurance plans.
Patient instructions for specific tests will be provided when the appointment is scheduled.
To avoid unnecessary testing, have the family bring relevant medical records, test results and X-rays to the appointment.
Please provide the following when calling to schedule a patient for a diagnostic examination:
- Patient name and date of birth.
- Probable diagnosis.
- Insurance/referral information.
- Physician clinical findings or symptoms which caused the patient to visit physician.
- Results from other completed examinations.
Why Children's Medical Center?
The orthopaedic surgeons utilize the expertise of pediatric nurse practitioners with trauma triage and management of orthopedic care. This varied experience provides our patients and families with high-quality care and continuity of care for inpatients, patients in the clinic and patients in the emergency center.