Plastic and Craniofacial Surgery: Referrals
The Fogelson Plastic Surgery Craniofacial Center provides diagnosis and treatment for infants and children with acute injuries and traumatic injuries to the lower extremities and face, hand and peripheral nerve damage, breast and aesthetic conditions, as well as non-traumatic conditions such as complicated wounds, masses and congenital deformities (including feet).
The center also provides a multi-disciplinary approach to cleft lip and craniofacial deformities and a comprehensive evaluation and treatment for infants, children and adolescents with congenital vascular anomalies and birthmarks.
Learn about the referral process and what to expect when calling to scheduling for an examination at Children's Medical Center Dallas.
- Pre-authorization is required by some insurance plans.
- To avoid unnecessary testing, have the family bring relevant medical records, test results and X-rays to the appointment.
- Diagnosis, evaluation and recommended treatment information is provided promptly to the referring physician.
Please provide the following when calling to schedule a patient for a diagnostic examination:
- The patient’s name and date of birth
- Probable diagnosis
- Insurance/referral information
- Physician clinical findings or symptoms which caused the patient to visit physician
- Results from other completed examinations