Psychiatry and Psychological Services: Outpatient Referral Directory
- Rebecca Carrasco , R.N.
- Lynn Cearley , L.C.S.W.
- Gail Weisblatt , L.C.S.W.
Description of services:
- Multidisciplinary assessment
- Individualized plan of care
- Medication management
- Therapeutic school
- Structured milieu environment with behavioral program
- Group therapy/play group therapy
- Social skills groups
- Parent education classes
- Family therapy
- Preschool program
- Academic assessment and placement
Procedures performed or problems diagnosed and treated:
- Mood disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- School avoidance/refusal
- Behavioral disturbance
- Pervasive developmental disorders
Information for referral sources:
Referral from primary care physician or referring psychiatrist required. Contact Carol Race, R.N.
Why Children's Medical Center?
- The Children's psychiatry day treatment program is the only facility in Dallas-Fort Worth treating medically compromised children and adolescents with psychiatric disorders.
- Our program is the only area facility that provides a preschool track for children with psychiatric disorders. Our specialized preschool program also includes programs for behavioral, anxiety and mood-related difficulties.
- Our eating disorders program is the only program in a multi-state area for children and adolescents under the age of 18 and serves both male and female patients.
- Educational services are provided in a classroom setting by a master's prepared special education teacher employed by Children's.
- Our day treatment program provides school transition from hospital to home to school for children and adolescents with school anxiety/phobia or separation anxiety.
- We offer specialized behavioral programs with a focus on increasing self-management/coping strategies.
UT Southwestern Medical CenterChild and Adolescent Psychiatry Program