Pulmonology: Referral Directory
- Carolyn L. Cannon, M.D.
- Peter M. Luckett, M.D.
- Tanya Martinez-Fernandez, M.D.,D-ABSM
- S. Kamal Naqvi, M.D., D-ABSM
- Yadira M. Rivera-Sanchez, M.D.
- Preeti Sharma, M.D.
- Peter N. Schochet, M.D.
- Jessee Uhde (Dallas Practice Administrator)
- Jill Ferrell (Legacy Practice Manager)
Description of services:
The Respiratory Medicine Division offers comprehensive consultative services for diagnosis and treatment of infants, children and adolescents with a variety of acute and chronic respiratory diseases. The division is comprised of clinical pulmonologists, nurse practitioners, nurses, respiratory therapists, dieticians, and social workers who help provide multidisciplinary inpatient and outpatient care.
Procedures performed include:
- Lung volumes
- Measurement of diffusing capacity
- Exhaled nitric oxide measurements
- Exercise challenge testing
- Airway hyper reactivity evaluation
- Infant pulmonary function testing
- Cardio pulmonary exercise testing
Problems diagnosed and conditions treated include:
- Severe and high risk asthma
- Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia (BPD)
- Pulmonary sleep disorders
- Neuromuscular diseases
- Congenital lung abnormalities
- Chronic cough
- Pulmonary hypertension associated to pulmonary disease
- Interstitial lung disease
Information for referral sources:
To request an appointment, please complete the referral form and fax it to 214-456-5406. Please be sure to include everything from the checklist in your fax. For questions or a doctor to doctor call with a Pulmonologist, please call 214-456-2857.
Our offices are open Monday – Friday from 8:00am to 4:30pm.
After hours, all calls will be referred to the on call pulmonologist.
- A written referral from physician or referral source is required.
- Referral Form
- Pre-authorization is required by some insurance plans.
- Patient instructions for specific tests will be provided when the appointment is scheduled.
- To avoid unnecessary testing, have the family bring relevant medical records, test results and X-rays to the appointment.
- Services are provided in close cooperation with the patient’s referring physician.
Please provide the following when calling to schedule a patient for a diagnostic examination:
- Patient name and date of birth
- Problems to be addressed
- Insurance/referral information, including primary care physician
- Pertinent physician clinical finding or symptoms
- Work, home, cell phone numbers, and the address for the family
Why Children's Medical Center?
- The pediatric pulmonologists on the medical staff are board-certified and hold academic appointments at UT Southwestern.
- The physicians and staff manage a broad range of respiratory disorders and are qualified in bronchoscopy, home ventilator management, pulmonary function testing, and pulmonary sleep related disorders.