Sleep Disorders Center: What to Expect
- Be sure to call the sleep center at 214-456-2793 at least three days prior to confirm your appointment. If something comes up and you need to reschedule, please do so with the most advance notice possible.
- If there are any changes in your insurance, please call the sleep center at 214-456-2793 as soon as possible so that any pre-authorizations may be obtained, if necessary. Doing this will prevent any unnecessary expense on your behalf.
- Bring any paperwork that was sent to you in advance.
- If your child has any allergies, be sure to notify the sleep technologist so the appropriate precautions can be taken to protect your child.
- Except for infants, please avoid or limit naps the day of the study.
- Bring extra diapers/pull ups and wet wipes, if necessary.
- Bring any special home medical equipment that you may need during the night.
- Bring any formula or special dietary items or feeding supplies that you may need during the night.
- Bring all of the necessary medications that you may need during the night.
- Avoid foods or drinks that may prevent your child from sleeping at night the day of the study.
- Loose fitting pajamas will be more comfortable for your child during the study.
- Bathe and shampoo your child before coming to the center. Avoid skin lotions and hair products, unless prescribed by your physician.
- A special toy or blanket/pillow can help comfort the child during the study.
- You may bring a favorite DVD/VCR movie to help during the set up before bedtime.