Sports Medicine: Referral Directory
- Shane M. Miller, M.D. - Pediatric Sports Medicine - Specializing in concussion management,return-to-play decisions, and non-operative management of musculoskeletal injuries in young and growing athletes
Brandee Schmidt, PT, MS, DPT, PCS
Advanced Practice Providers
Chuck Wyatt, CPNP
Gerad Montgomery, FNPC
Tabetha Rowe, RN, BSN
Lori Sands, RN, BSN
Misti Knight, MS, LAT
Cody Jones, PT, DPT
Matt McCoy, PT, MPT, CSMT, OCS
Julie Rosado, PT, MPT
Ambulatory Service Representatives
Daron Kinney, MS, LAT, ATC
Description of services
Outpatient and inpatient evaluation, imaging, treatment and management of sports-related injuries and disorders. Sports injury education. We provide Inpatient, Outpatient, Consultation, and Phone Consultation services.
- Full spectrum of non-operative and operative care and rehabilitation for musculoskeletal sports injuries
- Electrophysiology services
- Asthma management
- Pulmonary function testing
- Psychiatric counseling
- Neuro-psychological testing and treatment
- Chronic pain treatment and management
Diagnostic & management services:
- Bone, joint, ligament sports-related injuries
- Suspected and known cardiac problems impacting sports participation
- Suspected and known pulmonary problems impacting sports participation
- Female athlete triad
- Post-injury psychological problems
- Persistent post-conclusion syndrome
- Chronic pain impacting sports participation.
To avoid unnecessary testing, have the family bring relevant medical records, test results and X-rays to the appointment.
Information for referral sources:
Please provide the following when calling to schedule a patient for a diagnostic examination
- Patient name, address, phone and date of birth
- Probable diagnosis or symptoms
- Clinical findings or symptoms
- Insurance/referral information
Why Children's Medical Center?
The Sports Medicine Center at Children’s offers dedicated and comprehensive are for young and growing athletes. This goes beyond treating traumatic injuries that occur on the playing field and reaches out to caring for more complex cardiac and psychological disorders that also can be associated with sports participation.
The program, which opened in 2009, features a 4,700-square foot facility connected to the Children’s Medical Center at Legacy orthopedic clinic — complete with one diagnostic imaging room. A dedicated sports therapy gym also will include video motion analysis, isokinetic muscle testing equipment and state-of-the-art rehabilitation equipment.
The clinical program coordinator links outreach and access to specialty programs at Children’s.
- Occupational Therapy
- Pain Managment
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Physical Therapy
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- Gatorade Sports Science Institute
- National Athletic Trainers Association