Tracheotomy Care: Referral Directory
Orval E. Brown , M.D.
Paula Dimmitt , R.N., M.S., C.P.N.P. - Otolaryngology pediatric nurse practioner, patient, family and caregiver education.
Description of services:
- Home care tracheotomy teaching
- Arrangement of home care tracheotomy durable/disposable supplies
- Consultation for tracheotomy stoma care
- Consultation for speaking valves
- Consultation for custom tracheotomy tubes
- Available for home visits
- Available to teach tracheotomy care to school and day-care providers
Information for referral sources:
- A written or verbal referral from physician or referral source is required.
- Pre-authorization is required by some insurance policies.
- Services are provided in close cooperation with the patient's referring physician.
- Diagnosis, evaluation and recommended treatment information is provided promptly to the referring physician.
Please provide the following when calling to schedule a patient for a diagnostic examination:
- Patient name and date of birth
- Probable diagnosis
- Insurance/referral information
- Physician clinical findings or symptoms which caused the patient to visit physician.
- Explanation of specific services needed (tracheotomy teaching)
Why Children's Medical Center?
- Tracheotomy care is provided for children and adolescents from birth through 18 years of age admitted to Children's.
- The tracheotomy team travels to north, central and eastern areas of Texas to provide tracheotomy care/teaching.
- Our tracheotomy team includes otolaryngology physicians on the medical staff, nurses and respiratory therapists specially trained with more than 10 years of experience in all aspects of pediatric tracheotomy care.